Terms & Conditions
- In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and phrases shall bear the following meanings:
- “www.labnews.co.uk” is owned and operated by Synthesis Media Ltd Ltd (‘Synthesis), whose registered office is at Darsham Walk, Lums Yard, 32 High Street, Chesham, Bucks, HP5 1EP, UK.
- “Material” means data or information in any format, including without limitation text, images, photographs, graphics, video or sound material whether existing at the time of registration or not, published on the Sites in the Network, whether copyright of the Centaur or of a third party and which is communicated or transmitted to the User in using the Sites in the Network.
- “Personal Information” means Personal Data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended.
- “User” means any person who accesses or uses www.neverdie58.com
1. By accessing or using this website the User acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
2. The User agrees to fully comply with these Terms and Conditions, including the acceptance of liability as detailed in clauses 4, 5 and 11.
3. Each User is allocated a unique user name and password for the authorised use of the User only. These are not transferable, and the User shall keep them strictly confidential and secure. The User should notify Synthesis immediately if any unauthorised use comes to its attention.
4. The User shall indemnify Synthesis against any unauthorised use of his/her user name and password, including use by a third party where the User has allowed or facilitated that third party to have access to any Material, however so received.
5. The User shall indemnify Synthesis against all costs, claims, demands or expenses incurred by or made against Synthesis or www.neverdie58.com or other Sites in the Network as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions or howsoever arising.
SUBMITTING MATERIAL TO WWW.LABNEWS.CO.UK
6. In order to submit material to www.neverdie58.com the User must register as a personal user via the unique user name and password at clause 3. The User undertakes not to maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor to seek to pass its self off as another user.
7. Synthesis reserves the right to prohibit access by person(s) to www.neverdie58.com and other Sites in the Network at its sole discretion at which time the agreement will terminate.
CONDITIONS OF USE
8. Subject to clause 18 the User may download the Material electronically; prints extracts and make copies of these for its own personal and non-commercial use only. This does not include downloading, storing, transmitting, displaying, copying or distributing the Material, or extracts from it, in a structured manner or creating a database in any form comprising all or part of the Material.
9. The submission of Material by the User is on the following terms
9.1 The User grants Synthesis a non-exclusive, non-transferable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to publish or use the Material in any format, including in other products of Synthesis. The licence shall include the right for any Users to take actions in accordance with clause 8.
9.2 The User warrants to Synthesis that all rights including intellectual property and moral rights in the Material submitted belong to the User or the User has received all necessary permissions to submit it to Synthesis.
9.3 The User warrants to Synthesis that the Material submitted is not obscene, offensive, or defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal.
9.4 Synthesis at its sole discretion reserves the right to not publish the Material in part or whole, make additions or deletions to, edit, crop or arrange the Material prior to publication. Synthesis may do so without giving any reason but the User should note that Material that is off-topic or unnecessarily antagonistic is likely to be rejected.
9.5 Synthesis shall make no payment for Material submitted and used under these Terms and Conditions
11. The User acknowledges that any breach of clause 9 may cause damage or loss and agrees to indemnify Synthesis in full against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage including consequential losses, incurred as a result of publishing Material submitted.
12. To the extent permitted by law Synthesis, its agents or representatives shall have no liability whatsoever to the User for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or special loss or damage, cost or expense suffered or incurred by the User (whether arising in tort, contract or otherwise, and whether arising from the negligence, breach of contract, defamation, infringement of copyright or other intellectual rights) caused by use of www.neverdie58.com and/or other Sites in the Network or from the negligence of its employees or agents or licensors, and whether asserted against Synthesis, www.synthesis.co.uk or other Sites in the Network or against any third party in relation to its use.
13. Synthesis does not make any representation or give any warranty, either express or implied:
13.1 in relation to any information, goods or services offered, accessed or obtained through www.neverdie58.com 13.2 in relation to warrantees of title, non infringement of copyright or patent rights of others, merchantability, or fitness or suitability for any purpose; 13.3 for the content, accuracy, integrity, lawfulness or otherwise of information on websites over which Synthesis has no control; 13.4 as to the suitability of the information and data on www.neverdie58.com and/or other Sites in the Network for any particular purpose; 13.5 that the information and data on www.theengineer.co.uk and other Sites in the Network is free of infection by computer viruses or other contamination.
14. Synthesis and its agents or representatives do not endorse or in any respect warrant any third party products or services by virtue of any advertisement, information, material or content referred to, or included on, or linked from or to www.neverdie58.com
15. www.labnews.co.uk and other Sites in the Network do not purport to provide advice. Synthesis is not responsible for Users taking or refraining from taking actions on the basis of information provided by www.neverdie58.com or other Sites in the Network
16. Although every care is taken in the preparation of information supplied by www.neverdie58.com and other Sites in the Network, Synthesis is not responsible for any loss suffered as a result of any action taken or refrained from being taken as a result of any information contained in www.neverdie58.com and other Sites in the Network
TRADE MARKS AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
17. All rights in “Laboratory News”, and “labnews.co.uk” and other marks owned by Synthesis are reserved.
18. All Material other than submitted by Users on www.neverdie58.com and other Sites in the Network is property of Synthesis. Reproduction without Synthesis’ permission is prohibited. For such permission Users should email Process Engineering’s editor, email@example.com
19. Users who wish to advertise with Laboratory News should email Andy Long: firstname.lastname@example.org
20. Synthesis reserves the right to remove, alter, change or vary the Sites in the Network at any time without notice.
21. Synthesis shall endeavour to provide constant, uninterrupted access to www.neverdie58.com and other Sites in the Network but do not guarantee to do so and accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
APPLICABLE LAW AND JURISDICTION
22. The provision of www.laboratorynews.co.uk and other Sites in the Network is governed by the Laws of England and shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
23. Synthesis reserves the right to vary or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice. Users should review these Terms and Conditions regularly as Users will be deemed to have accepted a variation in continuing to use the site after it has been posted.